Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Sound problem under FreeBSD 4.7

Damien Sandras wrote:

Have you tried to record to make sure that your microphone works
correctly?
The fact that other applications work proves that playback s working,
but that doesn't prove that :
- your audio driver is able to do full-duplex (playing and recording at
the same time)
- your microphone is working and volumes are ok.

Hope it helps,

Thanks a lot for your help.

But in fact it's very strange :

cat /dev/sndstat gives me :

pcm0: <VIA VT82C686A> at io 0xdc00 irq 11 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex)

So can i think that this means that sound card is full duplex ?

I don't know how to test record and listen a the same time :-( How can i test it ? In fact i tested it with 'dd' but the sound had a low level and was absolutely disgusting.

I have put the mixer to 100:100 (with wmix i'm using windowmaker with no GNOME installed.Just the things necessary for gnomemeeting to work. I have used the 'ports' methode) for all but nothing more happens.