Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Help With Video Initialization

Le mar 27/08/2002 à 17:15, TP Reitzel a écrit :

> I endured a couple of gconftool-2 trials based upon your suggestion of
> standard color and size formats. From reading through the file, videoio.cxx,
> I even tried some nonstandard color_formats as well. ;) HOWEVER ... I'm
> still out in right field. I've included some output from the /proc
> filesystem which accurately shows a non-QCIF size of 160x120. However, I do
> believe that pwlib supports this size in addition to 176x144. Due to driver
> problems, it's impossible for me to change the size from 160x120. Should I
> pursue this problem further NOW or just play a waiting game? Thanks ... for
> your effort on GNOMEmeeting even if I can't get it working.

No, you can get GnomeMeeting working, but not your driver, that is a
different problem.

What happens is that the driver is probably buggy and reports
capabilities it can't support. There is a way to make it work.
* Knowing the supported size:
 - 160 x 120 here : ok
* Knowing the supported video palette (s):
 - You still have to determine that, but it seems to be RGBSOMETHING
* Knowing the driver name: Seems to be SPCA50X USB Camera

Once you know all those things, you can edit
pwlib/src/ptlib/unix/video4linux.cxx
At the beginning of the file, you see that there are some HINTS on how
to behave when opening the camera device for some models.
You can add some comments here and there (the code is easy to
understand) and add HINTS for you camera based on the examples at the
beginning of the file. Once you get it working, you can mail me the
HINTS, and I'll mail them to Equivalence so that they can include them
in CVS and in future releases of OpenH323/PWlib.

Thanks for your help, I guess you are certainly not the only one to have
problems with that driver. Currently, the only thing to do is to add
HINTS in PWLib, you will have to recompile openh323/pwlib/gnomemeeting
from scratch for that.