Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Microphone input fails

Le lun 05/08/2002 à 08:28, Andy Fraser a écrit :
> Thanks for the pointers.  I'm still having trouble getting
> gnomemeeting working.  I verified oss compatibility using
>
>   andy:~/tmp>rawrec -d /dev/dsp0 -f s16_le -s 8000 -t 5 test.raw
>   andy:~/tmp>rawplay -d /dev/dsp0 -f s16_le -s 8000 test.raw
>
> and got an audio connection working once with a remote friend.

Then we have the proof that it can work.

> But, gnomemeeting crashed as I used the "view" menu to try to get both
> remote and local video displayed, and after that, I could not send
> audio anymore.  I restarted alsa and rechecked oss compatibility using

It is probably a coincidence. However, if you can reproduce the bug...

> rawrec and rawplay again, but I could not sent audio.
>

> I got the following errors (not all at once) in the terminal window
> from which I launched gnomemeeting:

> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
> mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
>
> andy:~/tmp>/usr/bin/gnomemeeting.real: relocation error: /usr/lib/libmcop.so.0: undefined symbol: internalFreeAll__Q24Arts14StartupManager

a relocation error can be produced if you run gnomemeeting with a
different version of a library than the one it was compiled for.
What is your distribution? Debian it seems...

However, I got mails and reports from several persons having problems,
freezes and crashes due to the recently added ARTSD suspend code.
It seems that it doesn't work for everybody.  I have no idea why, but
that code will be removed in 0.94.

However, the relocation error is probably an indication of the crash,
but not the explanation of your sound problems.

Please go in #gnomemeeting on irc.gnome.org for interactive help and
testing.