Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] changed /etc/gconf permissions and 0.85 package still won't go

Quoting Anonymous (paix01 yahoo com):
> please see:
> debian:~\ chmod -R 4755 /etc/gconf/*

If you have a 'true' Debian system, with gconf installed from packages
and not by source, there's no need to change the permissions on the
directory or files in /etc/gconf/. In fact, I think that it might even
break things :(

How to fix this:
(you will lose settings if you do this, but it always worked for me...)
(i shall not be held responsible for any bad things)

	- Remove _ALL_ and _EVERY_ file&dir that matches *gnomemeeting* in
      ~/.gconf and ~/.gconfd with this instruction:
        $ find .gconf .gconfd -iname '*gnomemeeting*' -exec rm -rf {} \;

    - Find out what packages use /etc/gconf:
        $ dpkg -S /etc/gconf
        gnomemeeting, gconf: /etc/gconf

    - Purge these programs except gconf, there should be no problems in
      purging these programs (in my case: gnomemeeting)

    - Remove the complete /etc/gconf directory:
		# rm -rf /etc/gconf

    - Next do: 'dpkg --force-depends --purge gconf ; apt-get install gconf'
      This _forces_ removal of gconf, even though a lot of other tools
      depend on it, and reinstalls the package again.

	  just gnomemeeting). Things should start working now.

Reinstalling gconf this way should fix the permissions back to what they
should be ...