Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] debug: different on RH71 than Suse73

Guilhem,

 I have worked with video display things on linux for a while now, and
many times received the error
Xlib: unexpected async reply

For my applications, it was always when different threads were accessing
code in the video library simultaneously.

============================
A google search on this error reports

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/x-faq/part7/section-16.html

You may see these errors if you issue Xlib requests from an Xlib error
handler, or, more likely, if you make calls which generate X requests to
Xt or Xlib from a signal handler, which you shouldn't be doing in any
case.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devel-list/2000-March/msg00001.html

I get this message every once and then... I means that you are making two
X calls (or gtk calls) at the same time, without protecting your stuff...
Your program should start by calling:

g_thread_init(NULL);

Your gtk_main() should be:
gdk_thread_enver();
gtk_main();
gdk_thread_leave();

and you should also protect all gtk calls that aren't in the main thread
with the gdk_thread_enter/gdk_thread_leave calls.

For more info, there's a "threaded Hello World" somewhere. Also beware
that glib 2.1.6 has a bug that makes some threaded programs deadlock.

Derek.