Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Important question about mixers and dsp's : please answer :)

On 22 Apr 2002, Damien Sandras wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> I just want to know if some of you have a configuration where there are
> more dsp's than mixers.
>
> For example, you could have /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1 for one unique
> soundcard, and have only one mixer for both, for example /dev/mixer0.
>

> Does any of you have such a configuration?
> Thanks!
>

> The problem is that I would like to get rid off the mixers settings in
> GM, and replace the audio device by its real name. I can get the real
> name from the mixer_info structure, but I wonder if it can happen to
> have /dev/mixer1, for /dev/dsp1 and /dev/dsp2 or if you always have 1
> mixer per /dev/dsp?
>
> If somebody knows the answer, thanks to answer!

Hello

I have a sound card with 2 dsp and 1 mixer, it is an es1371, and
like a frend of my "Cyberwolf" has 2 soundcards (es1371) then
with 4 dsp's and 2 mixers.

So he is using /dev/dsp3 and /dev/mixer1 for GM.

I think replace the audio/mixer device by its real name is not a good
idea, like when you have 2 identical soundcards with the exact same name
then it will be problematic to choose mixer because they have the same
name.

We have experienced this naming problem with RAT.

Regards Johnny