Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] error while loading shared libraries

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:26:43PM -0700, Guilhem Tardy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting desperate with a problem between OpenH323 and GM. I use the latter
> to test some modifications to the OpenH323 library, and everytime I try to run
> GnomeMeeting, it stops (even before the first splash screen) and exits with the
> following message:
>
> /home/pcixxxx/gmeeting/src/gnomemeeting: error while loading shared libraries:
> /home/pcixxxx/gmeeting/src/gnomemeeting: undefined symbol:
> __19H323_H261CapabilityUiUiUiUiUiUiiiiiiUiUiUiUiUiUiUii
>
> Strangely, this happens only on my RedHat 7.1 system, as the exact same code
> works perfectly well on my Suse 7.3 box. Of course, I have checked the
> obvious: the library is in /usr/local/lib and contains the symbol (I ran a
> 'grep
> __19H323_H261Capability' on it to make sure).

Obviously, it means that GnomeMeeting links at runtime with a different library
version than the one it has been compiled for. Try ldd gnomemeeting to see
if it picks up the correct library, and also make sure that you have
the correct versions of libraries compared to GM.

> Recalling an earlier comment today from Damien about the weird bug that
> consists in PwLib (?) using the application name (hence being sensitive to the
> presence of a symbolic link), could it be that PwLib also cares for the
> OpenH323 library name? Wouldn't it then fail with a different message? I dunno.

I don't think it is the same problem. I don't really know what happens exactly
with the symbolic link. I only know that it fails (or hangs), when creating
the PWlib PProcess. I'll mail Equivalence about that.