Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Recommendations for a good webcam?

Hi Dan,

there's not actually some special webcam we can recommed. more or less
all webcams with drivers seem to work. if you can get a webcam at a
local store you can ask on the ML if anyone is using this webcam
successfully. the supported drivers list can be found on the web at:
http://webcam.sourceforge.net/#cams

about your router problem: it will be not easy getting it to work.
currently we are investigating for the required settings. this is done
for linux-nat-routers. as far as i know there is no one involved in
writing a FAQ-entry about hardware routers. if you want to help, we'd be
pleased to see you join the team. there were users on the ml telling
about hardware routers that worked, or at least they wanted to try, but
i'm not sure what's their status. the most elegant solution for
linux-routers is currently RSIP which is under active development. the
only current "problem" is that for RSIP only Linux-clients are possible
(until someone writes a windows/mac-version) i'm a little puzzled that
to your hardware routers "kernel-patches" are no problem, but maybe i
just misunderstood your question. =) Damien just told me there are
routers that can do h323 and others that cannot. maybe consulting your
manual will help you sorting out which type you have.

i hopy this does answer your questions. =)

--
Best regards,
 Kilian