Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with gconf!

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 21:08, Guilhem Tardy wrote:
> Here it is: I had a mismatch of ptlib libraries, because I wrongly assumed that
> my ./configure option "--with-ptlib-libs=$PWLIBDIR/lib" also meant the
> executable was using $PWLIBDIR/lib - stupid me. As a side note, I was pretty
> scared of gdb, but should try to overcome this from now on.

glups, classical thing, I should have thought to that!

> Well, all my compilation problems were related to gconf. But the last few days
> concerning the "crash at startup" have been mostly about my lack of insight.
> Admittedly, running gconf over SUSE is kinda weird because it doesn't work out
> of the box (gconf's fault, in my opinion).

Probably both :)

> This was a sleep(1) just after gnomemeeting_init(gw, pw, ...) in
> GnomeMeeting::Main ()
> Agreed, it doesn't make sense at all. And as of GM 0.12.2 it was still saying
> right under my kludge:
>
>   /* Quick hack to make the GUI refresh even on high load from the other
>      threads */
>   gtk_idle_add ((GtkFunction) gnome_idle_timer, gw);

This thing was due to a bug in some old version of the GTK libs. When
threads started and had CPU-intensive work to do, the GUI was frozen,
but still responsive. In fact, GTK didn't update the GUI. The quick hack
was to force the update, if needed, when GTK thinks it is idle.

However, it was removed some months ago, because it was not needed
anymore.

>   gtk_timeout_add (1000, (GtkFunction) AppbarUpdate,
> 		   gw->statusbar);

To update stats on the statusbar :)
--
  _