Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Problem with gconf!

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 16:45, Guilhem Tardy wrote:
> Results from adding that line to main_window.cpp were unexpected. Instead of
> the simple "Please check your gconf settings and permissions, it seems that
> gconf is not properly setup on your system" message window, I get...
>
> 1- the splash screen
> 2- in the console:
>      GnomeUI-WARNING **: While connecting to session manager:
>      Could not open network socket.
>      2002-03-28T11:36:46-0500  2002-03-28T11:36:46-0500
> 3- a message window "Application './gnomemeeting' (process 12867) has crashed
> due to fatal eror. (Segmentation fault)

Can you run it in gdb and see where it crashes?
I suspect it is still a gconf problem.

> As I wrote, this is unexpected a result, because I didn't change anything else,
> so if it was
>   (gconf_test == NULL || strcmp (gconf_test, BUILD_ID))
> before, it should be still now.
>
> And it shouldn't, as you can see that both times are identical.
> Actually, there is one difference: I run this one from the current directory
> (/home/pci2103/gmeeting/src), where otherwise I ran the earlier version from
> /home/pci2103/ or from the path (/opt/gnome/bin).
>
> Is there any type of racing issue with GM? I remember with an earlier version
> that I had to add a sleep(2) in what has become now gnomemeeting.cpp if I
> wanted to add some code elsewhere (mostly in main_window.cpp).

I don't remember that. I don't think there are races with GM, but I
think that your Gnome installation and your setup are completely broken,
or at least very weird.

I do not see, and do not understand why adding a sleep (2) in
gnomemeeting.cpp could change in main_window.cpp, that makes no sense to
me, and believe me, I'm adding code everywhere since a long time without
the need to put things like a sleep (2) here and there. Sorry, there are
no "bad fixes" like that in GnomeMeeting.

Moreover, why didn't you contribute your code?