Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Idea: Ringing sound via internal PC speaker

On 26 Oct 2001, Damien Sandras wrote:

> I misunderstood the question, sorry...
>
> I know that Storm Linux had a kernel patch for that, but I don't
> remember which kernel it was...(2.2.x ?) Anyway, it is a good idea.

Well, PC speaker support via /dev/console has been around since linux 0.1
ish :) so it should be easy to do.  Just a checkbox to make GnomeMeeting
send the right beeps to the device, I think... it would be VERY useful!
In addition to the currently existing ways to tell the user there is a
call.

Lawrence Manning

Development Team Leader and Author - SmoothWall - www.smoothwall.org
Email: `formail -z -x From: <thismail`