Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] In a brief few moments, Penguin_D and I got a good session going tonight!

I don't know about Netmeeting chat versus Windows Messenger XP,
but I do think a plug-in structure would be wise, and I like the
idea of a single application I can run to get all that GM has
to offer with chat added.

On a different subject, I have been having trouble getting video
to initialize on my system (I use RH-7.1, cpia driver, EZcam),
and by playing with the source in webcam.cpp, I think I have
a hack that gets the initialization to be reliable.  Its probably
something that really needs to be fixed in either pwlib or
the driver (from the frame rate I am getting versus what the
camera should be capable of I really think the driver needs
work, but I haven't looked at the latest cpia source), but
when I have the hack working I'll post the code segment
that changes.

On November 18,2001 09:23:06 AM Damien Sandras wrote:
le dim 18-11-2001 à 16:27, Chris Tooley a écrit :
> > Yes, perhaps text chat in the future, but I still don't know how?
> > Jabber integration or Netmeeting text chat compatible ?
>
> I think Jabber/Gabber integration would be great.  Unfortunately it
> doesn't get Netmeeting compatibility but would still be much better
than
> nothing.  Netmeeting text chat compatible would be preferred though.
It
> just opens the door to more and more people moving away from Windows as
> they can still talk to their Windows friends.

I still don't know.
Microsoft will probably give up Netmeeting's development to concentrate
on their Windows Messenger XP.
SO I don't know if it is a good idea to spend time on Netmeeting text
chat support.