Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] RE: Gnomemeeting-list digest, Vol 1 #32 - 6 msgs

On Sat, 17 Nov 2001 16:23:24 -0500
nathanstenzel netscape net (Nathan Stenzel) wrote:

> Well, I opened up Webmin.....
> Bastile firewall and iptables were turned off.
> Oddly enough, it mentioned sound twice.
> One was the ALSA script and another was the sound script.
> I don't know if the sound script is supposed to be there or not since the ALSA script is supposed to start up ALSA.
> My using Apache on my computer shouldn't affect things, should it?

No it should not. However you could have the normal OSS modules loaded into the kernel
in the same time as the ALSA modules. I had that problem on a Mandrake. If so, there is
a conflict; You must make sure that you are using ALSA modules only.

I mentionned one thing about QCIF previously. In fact, it seems (but I'm not sure) that if you are sending
CIF video (Large) to Netmeeting, instead of sending QCIF (small), Netmeeting is unable to display the camera
images in some cases. I don't know why, but perhaps that Netmeeting doesn"t do large images. That is perhaps
the case.