Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Re: People can't see me or hear me even in best

En sáb, 2001-11-17 a 21:59, Nathan Stenzel escribió:
As Damien is not here today, I'll try to answer your questions...
> Thank you for the kind reply.
> I appologize for being impatient on IRC.
> I guess I get impatient on occasions like when programs misbehave or rpm's need more rpm's and stuff.
Well, GM is still beta software, so it doesn't always behave probably,
but I think this wasn't your case.

> Those codecs...would one of them be for video?
Video codecs between GnomeMeeting and NEtmeeting are compatible, you
just need to use a compatible audio-codec.
> I was pretty sure the MS-GSM codec was for audio.
> Is the G.711 for video or audio?
It's for audio, but it takes a lot of bandwidth
> Hmmm....it looks like that is audio too.
>
> Could someone perhaps help me with a gnomemeeting<-->gnomemeeting videochat test?
Just join the channel and ask somebody for a test. _Maybe_ somebody is
able to help you...

> I expect the sound will still not work because of my end, but I want to make sure the video works at least on gnomemeeting.
> I guess QCIF (whatever that is) handles the video.
> I think it also mentioned something about QIF.
> I was watching my "History" log.
Damien help is needed here ;)
> I don't think I have a firewall, but I will have to double check on that.
> I know that when I attempted videochat with my one friend (he was on Windows), I could see he with a decent refresh rate to boot.
> He still could not see or hear me, but I would not expect he would hear me anyway.
> To say the least, I am not happy with my soundsetup.
> I guess if he dialed into the net with his satellite dish, that might explain why he could not see me. I'm not sure.

Hope this helps.
If you still have problems please, post to this list or come to the IRC
channel and ask for help.