[GnomeMeeting-list]People can't see me or hear me even in best tests

I have tried using a variety of video settings, but nobody can see me.
Because of my "soundcard" being a soundcard-on-a-chip, I can't talk with people either.
Stupid CMI8330.........
I have tried large size and small size, NTCSC and PAL, 15fps and 10fps.
I did set it to transmit video.
My camera is working because I see myself when I set the view window to "Both".
I know my camera is sending data out over the web because I watch the details window of KPPP and when I pause/resume the video send, the amount of outgoing data reflects it.

I even tried getting a friend with access to Windows and Linux to help test. As is the case with everyone else, he could not see me or hear me. He used Gnomemeeting on Linux and Netmeeting on MicroShaft. There is a possiblity that his failure to videochat with me could have been to do with those two computers being on a network and having two addresses though. There may be firewalls or something for the network.

Could someone please help me test this?
I want to know if I can actually get some good out of this program.
If this version and the next version don't succeed in videoconferencing, I will simply give up and uninstall gnomemeeting.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/