[GnomeMeeting-list]RE: Problem regarding connection with Netmeeting users.

I have been having trouble connecting to people at all.
It has an error in transfer when I try to connect with them.
I suspect those are non-netmeeting users.

When I tried to chat with my friend, he did not get audio or video from me.
I only got his video.
I was told that I should use Alsa, but I am not sure if I can figure out how to swap over or if I already use it.
To make things worse, I have a funky little audio chip that emulates this or that board.
In the past, I have managed playing normal and midi sound, but could not record.
Lately, to my amazement, I found out that I could not play midi anymore, but could record sound instead. My mic finally started working.
The catch? While I could hear my own voice coming out of the speaker, the computer could not record and play at the same time.
If I put it in full-duplex, it just made it so I could not use sound at all.

Could there be an optional "Talk" button?
That would fix the duplex issue (even though we would be muting the other person when we speak).
Maybe the other person's voice could be recorded for playback when we were done speaking.

As for video, what are the chances of getting more outgoing video codecs supported?
I figure that way, the other person would be more likely to see us.
That would be a good thing since it seems that nobody gets my video.
I might as well be transmitting a test pattern.

As for the "look at the history to see if there are two channels" deal....
how about we get a few status lights? Maybe some little red ones by the speaker and the video button?

heh. I love stirring up the issues. : )

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with Shop Netscape! http://shopnow.netscape.com/