Re: [GnomeMeeting-list]Getting started problem

le mer 07-11-2001 à 08:47, Andries Dippenaar a écrit :
> Victor di Angelo wrote:

> I don't actually have a camera. Well, actually I have a Logitech
> QuickCam, but it's the USB model, so I've not even tried to get that
> working (though as always hints/tips/pointers would be appreciated).
> I'd be quite happy if I can receive a video stream from either another
> GnomeMeeting or NetMeeting user.
>    Is this maybe my mistake? Is /dev/video0 for the capture device and
> I've been staring at my eyelids the whole time?

/dev/video0 is the capture device if you have a camera and want to send
video to the remote. In that case, you have to enable video
Transmission.
As your camera is not configured, you should not enable video
transmission as you will not send video.

Video reception is automatic and will work every time an user will
establish a video communication with you.

/dev/video0 is to send video, not to receive video. You have no specific
setting to enable video reception, it will always work.

--
 _	Damien Sandras
//\		web:  http://www.gnomemeeting.org/