Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Netmeeting compatibility

On Thu, 2001-12-27 at 11:56, Damien Sandras wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 10:29:27AM +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> > Le Mercredi 26 Décembre 2001 19:50, vous avez écrit :
> > > I don't understand that question. What do you mean?
> >
> > I was just wondering if Windows NetMeeting would communicate out-of-the-box
> > with GnomeMeeting. Someone on the kde-devel list wrote that NetMeeting
> > required special codecs to communicate with GnomeMeeting.
>
> Well I read that mail on the KDE devel mailing list.
> What is said in that mail about the video codecs is totally wrong.
> What is right is that a KDE clone of GnomeMeeting is developped since
> a few months. That's what I call "effort duplication".

That's the exactly correct term.  However, I would bet that while the
effort is being "duplicated", the KDE h.323 client will be more kde
specific than Gnomemeeting and will fit in with their component model.
But that's just a guess, I don't use KDE and am very happy with
GnomeMeeting.  I just wish that the GSM codec installer would run from
somewhere other than the netmeeting program directory.  My mom is having
a terrible time with the abstract concept of moving files.

Anyway, thanks again.

Chris