Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Windows Netmeeting compatibility

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 10:29:27AM +0100, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Mercredi 26 Décembre 2001 19:50, vous avez écrit :
> > I don't understand that question. What do you mean?
>
> I was just wondering if Windows NetMeeting would communicate out-of-the-box
> with GnomeMeeting. Someone on the kde-devel list wrote that NetMeeting
> required special codecs to communicate with GnomeMeeting.

Yes it can if people doesn't force the use of certain codecs.
It will in that case communicate with the G.711 codec. It is a good quality
codec, but it needs a lot of bandwidth. That's why installing the GSM
codec for Netmeeting improves things. But there is no secret, GnomeMeeting or
OpenH323 people can't have so good codecs as Netmeeting because most of
them are patented.