[GnomeMeeting-list] Winnov Videum and gnome-meeting

Hello!  I'm trying to use gnomemeeting with a Winnov Videum camera/capture
card in Debian GNU/Linux.  I'm a totally newbie to this video stuff so I
need a little help.

I believe I have the kernel modules compiled correctly and loaded and that
they work.  "xawtv" can grab images from the camera (although it's not
working exaclty as I would expect - I suppose that's another story.)

When I run gnomemeeting, it pops a dialog that says:
"Error while opening video device /dev/video0, channel 0.  A test image
will be transmitted.  Your driver doesn't support the YUV420P format."

I asked the upstream author of the drivers for the Winnov Videum about it
and he says the driver does support YUV420 and that he feels this should be
good enough support from the kernel driver for most apps, and thought
perhaps gnomemeeting could do the YUV420 to YUV420P translation.

The Debian gnomemeeting maintainer pointed me at this list to inquire about
this - any tips would be appreciate.

I'm subscribed to the list and don't need replies Cced.

Thanks!
	Dale
--
Dale E. Martin, Clifton Labs, Inc.