[GnomeMeeting-list] A bugreport I received. Any comments on this?

Hey everyone (especially Damien :) ),

I received this 'bugreport' or better yet 'wishlist item' on my Debian
gnomemeeting package today:

> Hello!  I'm trying to use gnomemeeting with a Winnov Videum capture
> card/camera.  When I do, I get an error message about my driver not
> supporting YUV420P.  I mailed the author of the driver for the capture card
> about it and he said the following:
>
> [snip]
> My driver supports YUV420, but not YUV420P. Ideally, gnomeeting should be
> more flexible and take YUV420 as well. It's possible to put a software
> conversion routine in the kernel-mode driver, but that is less desireable
> from a software engineering POV.
> [/snip]
>
> I'm brand-new to this video capture stuff so I don't know any details about
> these formats or what approach is right, so I'm taking his word for it.

Are there any plans to implement a software conversion routine to
support YUV420, or do I have to tell him we won't fix this problem?

Let me know,
Sander.