Re: [GnomeMeeting-list] Super newbie

> > first of all, i'd like to know if there are french speakers here because
> > i'm not very "easy" with english speaking.
> I'm a french speaker but I will answer in english for the benefit of the
> list.

Ok, let's try to speak english...

> > I've just installed Gnomemeeting 0.12.2 (rpm on Mdk 8.0)(newbie, i
> > said... ;) and i'm just looking for a simple documentation to know how it
> > works. I don't know a word about gatekeeper, H.323/120/etc protocol, ILS,
> > "tunneling", etc. nor Netmeeting. All i know is that i DON'T want to use
> > it ;o)
> The best thing to do is to read the FAQ (it has been updated with
> explanations on gatekeepers for example, or ILS, or Tunneling, ...)
> The features are also on the website.

I (re)read the faq and found "part" of the answers i was looking for, but not
the whole things.
Anyway, i kept trying "with my nose" (in french : "au pif") to get in touch
with a friend of mine who's using Netmeeting. And... it worked !!
My friend had to stop her firewall first, and (I had to call her) we had a
audio-only communication with very clear and good sound (don't know wich
codec was used).

  --  It works very fine !! :o)))  --

Very good job ;o)

Next step is video. We'll see.

What is the problem with ILS registration ? Is there something that can be
done to have Netmeeting users "see" us, and permit incoming calls ?

Other questions will come...

--
Gilles T. - joizt wanadoo fr