[GnomeMeeting-list] Newbie: slow video

Please excuse me if this has already been covered, but I just discovered Gnomemeeting earlier today. I've read through the FAQ but didn't chance to see anything about transmission speed. So here goes.

I'm experimenting with Gnomemeeting on a 1.2GHz Tbird running Mandrake 8.0 and a 1.2GHz Tbird running Win98SE. Both systems are on a 100Mb LAN. The Mandrake system is using a Hauppauge WinTV card (bt848) and my camcorder for testing. The Windows system is running Netmeeting. The problem is that the transmission speed is very slow, less than 1fps, and it is blocky as can be. Even a slight movement causes the image to break up on the other end. Now, I know many things can cause this, but running on a LAN I should have plenty of bandwidth to play with.

Recommendations? Is it just the nature of the beast?

Also, I have two other cameras: a Logitech Color Quickcam (parallel port) and an IBM/Xirlink USB camera. Is there hope of either of these working with Gnomemeeting?

Thanks in advance,

Paul Nixon