Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [DRAFT] Organization of the "find contact" task

Le mardi 30 mai 2006 à 07:54 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :

> > Tell me just one thing that you could not put in GmContact and that
> > wouldn't work for one type of contact.
>
> The calling url, because not all contacts may be callable. Worse even, I
> may be callable when using one client, and not when using another!

If the GmContact contains an URL field, that field can be empty when it
doesn't make sense. So I do not understand this approach.

> > If we want to discuss further, please show me sample code that :
> > - Search for "Damien Sandras" in all types of address books and returns
> > a list of results
>
> Cannot be done : not all contacts may have names attached to them.
> Notice that it isn't possible yet.

It should be a prerequisite.

> > - Imagine we have a callback triggered when some action is triggered on
> > the contact allowing to call him. Please show me the sample code of that
> > callback.
>
> Actions are what I want to work on now that I think the view side is
> covered.

Yes, I'm waiting for pseudo-sample code to be convinced.
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net