[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Preliminar non-working XMPP (Jabber) support

  Hi,

 Attached is a patch with a very preliminar non-working XMPP support.

   1. It uses Gloox library (http://camaya.net/gloox), a GPL XMPP
library written in C++. In Debian, you have packages available for both
unstable and testing distributions. You have to call configure with
--enable-jabber to make the code be compiled.

   2. It is not working because it gets somehow stalled after calling
GMJabberConnection::onTLSConnect method. It has worked for me before,
but I am not sure if this is a problem with gloox 0.8 or a problem on
how I am implementing threads in Ekiga.

   3. Once we make it connect again, we have to start implementing
GMJabberClient::handlePresence and GMJabberClient::handleMessage mainly.
Also, we should map the roster you get when connect to a Ekiga::GmRoster
class that know about GUI.

  Please, I need help with the connection part. Any idea would be
welcomed.

  Cheers,

PS: I have just filled bugzilla bug #342485 to hold this request

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo debian org