Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] a Voip rant

Peter Robinson wrote:
Hey all,

Just saw this blog entry called 'VoIP Rant'. Has a couple of reasonable points.

Which? For me the more reasonable point is to _not_ use Skype:
- it eats all your bandwidth
- is absolutlely not secure.
- you have Skype in, Skype out. Where are competitors?

If he has the choice of installing Ubuntu instead of Mandriva or any other distribution, why people shouldn't have the right to choose something else then Skype? If FW is a problem, just go for IAX, you will still have the choice of your gateways. (Damien, I use it for demonstration purpose, not against Ekiga ;-))

My feeling
--
Daniel