Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] WIN32 report

Hello Alex,

Am Freitag, 5. Mai 2006 14:03 schrieb Alejandro Blanco Martín:
> Hello Michael,
>
> I`ll better try to crosscompile under linux for windows 32. I have
> compiled it under ubuntu linux the last month.
> Linux version 2.6.12-9-386 (buildd rothera) (gcc version 3.4.5 20050809
> (prerelease) (Ubuntu 3.4.4-6ubuntu8)) #1 Mon Oct 10 13:14:36 BST 2005
> I had to update quite a lot packages and libraries because of the
> MakeFile dependencies, but finnally I got it ;-D

I am using kubuntu breezy myself. For the cross-compiler there are several
possibilities: 1) Ubuntu packages (mingw32, ...) is a bit outdated even for
dapper, 2) Debian testing packages (mingw32, ...) uptodate but may conflict
with a Ubuntu setup 3) do it yourself.

> Will this libraries work with your crosscompile makefile? I would
> appreciate if you give me some advices about the buid enviroment.

I have chosen the last approach and have build the cross compiler in my
$(HOME)/bin/cross because I wanted full access to the lib and include
directories without having to work as root. There are various recipies how to
build a Mingw crosscompiler, I have attached my Makefile. If you use it,
please adjust the first 20 lines to your needs. Especially you should add
${PREFIX}/bin to your PATH (somewhere in .bashrc) before you build. You also
should check at www,mingw.org whether newer versions are available. I think
the binutils have to be updated.

> Thanks in advance,
> Alex.

Good luck