Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] XHTML help was WIN32 todos

On Monday 27 March 2006 04:39, lurch gmx li wrote:
> > > 3) help for Win32 Ekiga ?  It should be in standard Windows
> >
> > CHM format. Which
> >
> > > format do the .po files for Linux have? It isn't docbook is
> >
> > it? Can they be
> >
> > > converted to docbook? Then we could have a chance of not
> >
> > having too every
> >
> > > thing by hand.
> >
> > Wouldn't converting the help to html be easier ?
>
> The help files are already in docbook xml format. The pos are only used
> translation, they get merged programmatically into the xml file, resulting
> in an xml file for each translated language. You just need xsltproc and a
> nice xslt (there should be something in the yelp package) to create html
> files. Alternatively it should be possible to create a pdf or chm.
>
> Stefan

Thank you,
it sounds and is easy. Just change to ekiga/help and make. The various
index.xml are generated and then can be run through xsltproc. htmlhelp.xls
cannot cope with "title in para" so chm is out. But db2html.xsl can, I found
it in /usr/share/xml/gnome/xslt/docbook/html. It produces xhtml output. Which
can be viewed perfectly with Firefox.
In my build I put the resulting files into a directory tree
Ekiga
help
bg C de es fr uk
*.xhtml figures
I think these files can be included into the Win32 snapshots - I have attached
my makefile for Kilian.

In Windows it would be nice to click on Ekiga's help button and get the help.
I would have to execute something like "start asolute-path-to\index.xhtml".
Absolute path because the working directory may be different from program
directory. If the user has installed firefox that is all. Remains the
question where to put the help files eventually.
When intstalling the GTK+ runtime environment you choose the language you wish
to use. This can only be changed with administrative privileges, and it
determines with which translation ekiga runs. Thinking of a future installer
it makes no sense to install the manual in more than one language. Can the
xhtml files + figures go into Ekiga\help ?
Regards
Michael