Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Win32 fullscreen

Am Donnerstag 23 März 2006 15:25 schrieb Jan Schampera:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:06:56 +0100
>
> Julien PUYDT <jpuydt free fr> wrote:
> > Hmmmm... to circumvent the threading issue, the most efficient way is
> > probably to create/destroy the SDL window through g_idle_add : that
> > way it will be done in the mainloop thread.
>
> g_main_* maybe a way, too.
>
> But I have to admit I don't fully understand the issue (and I can't
> test it). the update_video() should be executed alone, as far as I can
> read the code (its call is surrounded by glib threading stoppers).
>
> J.
Its like a Unix filesystem. There are users (threads) which belong to a group
(process). For a particular file (the questonable SDL_app window) the owner
may to everything, members of the group are usually not allowed to delete it.
If you lock that file (threading stoppers) only one, owner or group member,
can access it at a time. But access happens in the context of file
permissions.
Michael