RE: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Ekiga and sign language converxation

IIRC this is the rate in k_byte_ per second (hover the mouse pointer over
the slider, until a tooltip appears), so including overhead, this becomes
something like 1MBit/s. It may be possible to rise this value to a higher
value via gconf-editor, but I am not sure.

Unfortunately, the H.261 codec ekiga uses is somewhat outdated, but the
number of good, free codecs is really limited. You may be able to use H.263,
have a look into the ML archives to get some information (Look for RFC
2190).

In the future, there may (will) be the possibility to use other codecs, but
there are some issues (patents, licences (MPL, GPL, LGPL)) and of course
code has to be written.

Greetings,

Stefan