Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BUG?] unanswered call hangup

Hi,

Le mercredi 01 mars 2006 à 20:20 +0100, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
> Hello
>
> Am Mittwoch 01 März 2006 17:17 schrieb Damien Sandras:
> > Le mercredi 01 mars 2006 à 17:11 +0100, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
> > > Hello,
> > > I just tested todays Ekiga snapshot on a Kubuntu breezy system. I entered
> > > my account with VoipBuster (sip1.voipbuster.com) which I will eventually
> > > use for international calls disabled video and called my son at home via
> > > land line. Everything was fine and I could terminate the call. Then I
> > > called the phone next door - nobody would answer. I could hear it
> > > ringing. When I tried to disconnect the phone stopped ringing immediately
> > > but Ekiga continued to play the dial tone even when I minimized it or
> > > tried to stop it completely. Processes still active were:
> > >  1054 ?        00:00:06 ekiga-snapshot
> > >  1056 ?        00:00:00 gconfd-2
> > >  1058 ?        00:00:00 bonobo-activati
> > >  1065 ?        00:00:00 evolution-data-
> > > I had to killall ekiga-snapshot.
> >
> > Yes it is probably a bug, see if you can repeat it, and provide a
> > backtrace/debug output.
>
> Ekiga's attitude is highly reproducable. I tried on a different computer with
> the same results. Attached are the traces, hopefully I did them right.
> ekiga-d4.trace and ekiga-d6.trace are without answering Ekiga's call on the
> land-line phone. The first large gap in the traces marks the point when I
> tried to hang up. callanswered-d4.trace shows the situation when the call is
> answered and Ekiga handles hang-up gracefully.

There is actually no bug. If you wait long enough (30 seconds), it hangs
up. I will diminish the timeout time. Actually, your provider is broken,
it doesn't send the 487 Request Cancelled response after which Ekiga is
waiting. So it waits for the timeout.