Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] involve in development of Ekiga (multiple instances)

Peter Robinson a écrit :
The first hurdle will probably be to get gconf to behave : whenever you
change the preferences in gconf, you'll impact all running instances --
which is bad. There must be some way to get around this by running a
separate gconf daemon for each instance, or something like this. I would
dig in that direction.

How does the win32 version do configuration stuff, is this handled
using gconf or using registry/flat file or something else. If its flat
file could the same be used for this sort of testing on *nix without
needing gconf (using just gtk+ version perhaps?).

When I began to make a win32 port possible, a long, long time ago, I abstracted gconf into a gmconf system, for which I provided a gconf implementation, and a glib implementation. The glib implementation is file-based, in an xml format mostly compatible with gconf's (which is why even without gconf we built the default gconf configuration file).

The problem is that ekiga saves its current configuration to this file every two minutes (or something like this), so if you want to have several instances running, you'll end up with them competing for that file (unless you have ekiga-foo, ekiga-bar, ekiga-baz, each with its own config file... which can perhaps be done).