[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] New OPAL/PWLib/OpenH323 branches and releases

To all,

  The EKiga project is currently working towards a stable release for
the upcoming Gnome release. The EKiga team has decided that the current
CVS head is a good basis for a stable release and has requested that the
OPAL codebase is stablised so that they can concentrate on stablising
code and working towards making the best release they can.

  Of course, we're happy to help out as the EKiga team has contributed
an enormous amount of work to OPAL and OpenH323. Over the past few
months, Damien Sandras has done amazing work in adding new features to
the OPAL SIP code and he has my personal thanks and gratitude for his
contributions to the OPAL and OpenH323 codebase.

  This is the current state of play

- The "Phobos" branch tag has been added to the OPAL and PWLib modules,
and this branch now identifies itself as version Opal 2.1.3 and PWLib
1.9.3. This branch will become the stable code for the upcoming EKiga
release and will eventually become Opal version 2.2 and PWLib 1.10. I
have already backported several patches from CVS head into this branch,
but there are several blocks of code that won't be backported at this
stage - noticeably the new AEC rearrangement from Simon Horne and the
RTP aggregation code I have been working on.

- The CVS head of OPAL and PWLib now identifies itself as Opal 2.3.0 and
PWLib 1.11.0. This is in keeping with the previously identified system
of using even numbers for stable releases and odd numbers for
development releases. This development stream is now called "Deimos"

- The "Atlas" branch tag has now been added to the OpenH323 module, and
this branch now identifies itself as OpenH323 1.17.4. This branch will
become a new stable code stream that will eventually be released as
version 1.18. This stream of OpenH323 will need to be used with the
Phobos stream of PWLib - sorry but I can't think of any way around this.

- The CVS head of OpenH323 now identifies itself as OpenH323 1.19.0

  So, in summary:

- if you want stable OPAL code, use the Phobos branch of OPAL and PWLib

- if you want stable OpenH323 code, use the Atlas branch of OpenH323,
and Phobos branch of PWLib

- if you want development code, use the CVS head (as usual)

   Craig

 Craig Southeren      craigs postincrement com / craigs voxgratia org

 Phone:  +61 243654666      ICQ: #86852844
 Fax:    +61 243673140      MSN: craig_southeren hotmail com
 Mobile: +61 417231046   Jabber: craigs jabber voxgratia org

 Post Increment - Consulting & Services    http://www.postincrement.com
 Vox Gratia - The Open Source VoIP portal  http://www.voxgratia.org
 VoIP products                             http://www.sunkom.com.au