Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Ekiga on win32 packages

Hi all,

Got some small comments too (don't have the hardware to test real communications, and can only test at work) about the first run...

1. Got some errors on startup about port listening.
http://liberforce.blogsite.org/ekiga-win32/ekiga-1.png
http://liberforce.blogsite.org/ekiga-win32/ekiga-2.png
I think it's because the net config at work forbids this kind of services, but not sure. However, telling the port number along with the error message would simplify the work for people that wish to enable access to ekiga on their firewalls.

2. The message about choosing ALSA if available is quite useless on the windows. I also think it's useless even on win32, since it should be selected by default if present. If the user changes it, he must assume consequences. Maybe using another message style would be better:
"WindowsMultimedia - Default" and
"ALSA - Default" would do the trick...
http://liberforce.blogsite.org/ekiga-win32/ekiga-3.png

Thanks a lot Julien for your work on the Win32 build, that rocks ! :-)
See ya on linuxfr.org ;-)

Julien PUYDT a �it :
Julien PUYDT wrote:

Here is a short list of things that are known buggy :
- empty user list on ekiga.net ;

This one is fixed, but you'll have to update to a more recent ekiga snapshot and purge the ekiga.conf file to get rid of it.

- crashes on quit.

Some little progress has been made to find where it occurs... but it is still there :-/