Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Happy New Year 2006 !

Le jeudi 05 janvier 2006 à 02:15 +0100, Javier sixto a écrit :
> Hello Damien
>
> 2006/1/4, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com>:
>         Le mercredi 04 janvier 2006 à 10:50 +0100, Damien Sandras a
>         écrit :
>         > Le mercredi 04 janvier 2006 à 10:41 +0100, Javier sixto a
>         écrit :
>         > > Hello,
>         > >
>         > > I was testing lastest Version 2 CVS snapshots from breezy
>         repo, and it
>         > > works great !
>         > > But I have some problems to report, here there are :
>         > >
>         > > -> Hanging up : on sip calls hanging up is very slow,
>         sometimes i wait
>         > > more than 10s.
>         > >
>         >
>         > Probably you are behind NAT and the BYE is not transmitted,
>         so it times
>         > out waiting for it. What type of NAT is this?
>
> simple NAT, with a simple firwall, i have opend some ports , i can
> forward also.
> the router doing this NAT is a Debian sarge. What kind of NAT
> information can i gave you ?

Have you read the FAQ ? ;-)
The ports tehre are not up to date though. But if you do not know what
type of NAT you are using, then I think it is normal it doesn't work.
SIP doesn't cross NAT transparently.

I need more details about your configuration.

>         >
>         > > -> Exiting application : on my 2 breezy desktops, i can't
>         exit
>         > > application , the Quit sequence seems to freeze, and i
>         must used
>         > > simple kill (TERM) to exit.
>         > >
>         >
>         > Please post a backtrace.
>         >

>         Actually, if it doesn't exit, the first thing to mail me is
>         the output
>         of :
>         gnomemeeting -d 4 > output.txt 2>&1
>         start it, exit, and if it fails, mail me the output.txt file.
>

> OKay :D
> i have just finished to update my 2 test Desktops, and of courses
> today i can't freeze on exiting :( .
>
> It's hard to get what is gooing wrong :-/ . Today i can't eared any
> kind of external voice call , it's like my incoming data is
> stoppped... But i didn't change anything on my NAT :(
>
> But it seems to quit better today ;)
> Can you give me some debug particular context ?
>

>         > > -> I have tried video sip echo servers , with H261
>         compatibleserver,
>         > > voice works great, but no video. I'm behind a NAT , ok,
>         but why voice
>         > > works and not the video ? on GM panel i read PCMA/H261
>         in/out  (local
>         > > to local sip voice/video calls works ;) )
>         > >
>         >
>         > No idea, I do not know what "no video" means.
>
> I have never seen any video sip echo call on this server with H261 ,
> so i can't tell you that this must work :( . All i can say is that
> H261 is activated. H263 will never be supported :( ?

It will, one day. But we won't distribute it.