[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 127.0.0.1 in RRQ

Hi,

Gnomemeeting is really terrific and it is my favourite VoIP client. But recently, when I develop a H.323 NAT module for Linux kernel, I found a strange thing with Gnomemeeting.

When I setup Gnomemeeting (version 1.2.1) to register with a gatekeeper (OpenGK from OpenH323), I found Gnomemeeting put 127.0.0.1 as a callSignalAddress and also a rasAddress in its RRQ signals. I can't say this is a bug, it does make sense when the calling party, called party and gatekeeper are in the same host. But in most of the cases, they are not.

This is not all, when I register another Gnomemeeting with the gatekeeper, the first one was unregistered! I think this is because the first and the second Gnomemeeting had the same signal address (127.0.0.1), so gatekeeper thought they were the same one, so it replaced the first one with the second one.

I don't know if this is already fixed in the latest Gnomemeeting. I suggest this behaviour should be at least configurable.

By the way, I have finished the H.323 conntrack & NAT module for Linux kernel and Patrick McHardy is inspecting it. This module supports RAS, Fast-Start, H.245 tunnelling and all RTP/RTCP based media including audio, video and T.38 UDP. Anybody interested in this can download the patch for kernel 2.6.15 in http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=158936. The document is at http://nath323.sourceforge.net.

Thanks a lot!

Jing Min Zhao