Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BUG] significant white noise background if callling from landline over asterisk

Le mardi 21 février 2006 à 19:18 +0100, Kilian Krause a écrit :
> Damien,
>
> > I'm testing a lot, probably more than you do and I never encountered any
> > problem. Moreover, nobody except Johnny reported any problem.
> >
> > So, do you report a problem with echo cancellation?
>
> well, I have a not constantly reproducible problem with *all* codecs
> that does end up in looping at very high pitch the reception on my end
> while the remote can still hear me just fine. The only code that I can
> think of is echo cancelation, which is active, yet I haven't "verified"
> with echo cancelation disabled.

What is the remote software?

Before blaming the echo cancellation and complaining to Jean-Marc, we
should make sure it is the real problem.

I have the feeling it is more an ALSA problem on the remote side who is
calling you?
(o-
        SIP Phone      : sip:dsandras ekiga net
                         sip:600000 ekiga net