Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Feature request: move outbound sip proxy to accounts.

> On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 19:31:28 +0100 (CET)
> "Damien Sandras" <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
>
>> > I tried this on twinkle and it works as it has the sip outbound
>> > proxy on a per account basis.
>> >

>> I think it is a rather bad idea.
>>
>> The question is : why do you need an outbound proxy?
>
> I always wondered why it's no possible on per-account basis.
> What about
>
> <lang="pseudo-GUI">
> [X] use preferences proxy
> </lang>
>
> per account?

1. Too late
2. Too hackish
3. Really not clean the way you present it

An outbound proxy is supposed to be unique on your LAN (when you need one).
Why would you use different HTTP proxies for different websites? That's
the same here.