Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Crash at startup / getting debug backtraces

Hi Thomas,

> why are you on release libs again?

where do you take that insight from? Due to the fact that the snaps do
build an unstrippted "opt" version rather than the "debug" version?
The "release" version would be libopal-2.2.0 and libpt-1.10.0...

> for the debug snapshots make sure (debian) that LD_LIBRARY_PATH or so
> contains /usr/lib/debug added.

No need, that files there are external debug symbols, not libs. I.e gdb
will use them transparently, no need to poke around ld.so...

> ldconfig /usr/lib/debug should do it (?).

No.

> for own lib builds changing from release to debug do
>
> make uninstall

if he's using snaps, this is plain pointless. He should just purge the
libpt-cvs and that's it. Moreover he might want to rebuild the packs
with "make debug", but that'd require some tweaking as this doesn't work
out of the box.

--
Best regards,
 Kilian