Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] STUN and RTP ports range

Le mercredi 30 novembre 2005 à 15:25 +0100, Daniel Huhardeaux a écrit :
> As suggested by Julien, new thread ;-)
>
> TCP ports: 5060:5100
> UDP ports: 30000:30010
> RTP ports: 6970:7170
>
> Those are the standard one, no?

No, but that doesn't matter :)

> I use stun.voxgratia.org: in druid or in preferences, give me sometimes
> Cone Nat, sometimes Restricted NAT (the last one is ok). Anyway, I check
> on each call that stun is OK.
>
> I can pass only *one* call, next ones have audio in one way.

Outgoing or incoming?

> Till today it was using successfully GM with:
>
> TCP ports: 36560:36600
> UDP ports: 30000:30010
> RTP ports: 16384:16392
>
> Here under part of a mail that you send on 22/11/05:
>
>  >>> >STUN is using those local ports to determine the holes on the gateway.
>  >>> >
>  >>> >Unfortunately, I have no idea why STUN reports NAT with restricted
>  >>> >ports, and works with some ports, but not with others.
>  >>> >
>  >>> >Perhaps Craig has an idea?
>  >>> >
>  >>> >
>  >
>  >> Got it:
>  >>
>  >> RTP port range has to have minimum 9 ports eg 16384:16392 or 6170:6179
>  >> If this condition is fulfilled, everything is working well: you can
>  >> place how much calls you want, STUN is OK, no crashes, life is
>  >> beautifull (anyway)  ;-)
>  >>
>  >> Another thing to know is that for udp_port range, even if you put
>  >> 5060:5060, ports till 5072 (more?) are used. I put those range to
>  >> 42600:42700 and it's working. This can avoid the problem of few softs
>  >> running on the same computer, listening to 5060, 5061,....
>  >>

> I will still ask Craig to fix pwlib to prevent the assertion.
>
> [End of message]
>
> Related?

Nope, the assertion is unrelated and the STUN code is unmodified since
GM 1.00 was released more than one year ago.

Can you check what happens on your router directly?

Thanks,
v_/_    SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net