Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: how a newbie got gm cvs up - almost

Le dimanche 27 novembre 2005 à 23:45 -0500, sean a écrit :

[...]

> > Yes a webpage. Are you sure that gnome-default-applications-properties
> > shows a browser that is installed as default for http/https ?
> >

> gnome-default-applications-properties shows Firefox as the
> default browser. And
> ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/%gconf.xml is:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <gconf>
>          <entry name="command" mtime="1133152652"
> muser="root" type="string">
>                  <stringvalue>firefox %s</stringvalue>
>          </entry>
> </gconf>
>
> I can right click on a url in gnome-terminal and open it in
> firefox.

then I don't know why it doesn't work in gnomemeeting. All it is doing
is calling "gnome_url_show". However, I have not reworked the pc2phone
dialog since 1.2.0, so it could be broken.

> >>Also, Edit->Preferences->Codecs-> Audio Codecs shows
> >>nothing. Do I need to install something? Did I miscompile?
> >>

> > Probably yes. I know some people have reported that a few times, but it
> > magically was solved by a recompilation. No idea why and how.
> >

> The rpms package the plugins separately. I've installed
> them, and can see them in Audio Codecs.

Audio codecs are not plugins with the opal version. They are static
codecs.

> I see the check boxes on the left. ( BTW, when checked it
> generates this on the terminal:
> ** (gnomemeeting:6586): CRITICAL **: void
> audio_codecs_list_changed_nt(void*, GmConfEntry*, void*):
> assertion `data != NULL' failed )

Yes it is a new bug. Julien will have a look. It seems the gmconf
backend suddenly got broken.

> Do I need to check a codec to use it? Is there any reason
> not to check them all? I assume a codec is chosen based on
> its position in the list ( top to bottom ), but only among
> the set of codecs that are checked.

You are right.

v_/_    SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net