Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Marketing Shit

Le samedi 26 novembre 2005 à 18:58 +0100, michel memeteau a écrit :
> I agree they cannot say that !
>
> but it's true it is the first time a big sip company like wengo hire  several
> developpers to build an open source softphone ..... am I right ??
>
> When i discovered wengo one year ago , I was pretty disapointed  that you
> could only use the wengo account and that you could not contact another sip
> adress or be contacted ......  I think they corrected that but I m not just
> this point works all the time, seems like it can change frequently .......
>
> But since few months that openwengo.fr has launched , you can get builds where
> you choose your registrar , only one at the time , but it's a good start !!!
>
> By the way they put an Http tunnel to avoid NAT/proxy problem , but I guess it
> is only useful for call to pstn .... would need your comments on this ...

Yes, it is proprietary and only works with wengo. However, I do not
think it is useful. When you control the platform (ie the wengo pstn
side), you can always help the remote endpoint to cross the NAT. I guess
they have not discovered it yet :)

> Anyway , I hope their code could help other softphone projects .... as right
> now , it builds on macOSX , win32 linux x86 and 64 ... which is not too bad
> for a young project like this ....
>
> cheers
>

> Le Samedi 26 Novembre 2005 12:22, Fabrice Alphonso a écrit :
> > On sam, 2005-11-26 at 11:40 +0100, Damien Sandras wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Today morning, I was pleased to learn that "OpenWengo" was :
> > > - the first Open Source softphone
> > > - the best Open Source VoIP softphone
> > >
> > > see http://www.openwengo.com
> > >
> > > No comment...
> >
> > Every new product, moreover when there is a company behind, is allways,
> > the FIRST, and the BETTER.
> > Sad to see that.
> > The problem is not the product itself, after all we are in open source
> > world, world where competitions between identical products is possible
> > and even often profitable to enhance them. But the sad thing is all the
> > marketing power, I am not sure Gnomemeeting could reach. :-/
> >
> > my 2¢.
> > Fabrice

v_/_    SIP Phone   : sip:dsandras gnomemeeting net
                      sip:600000 gnomemeeting net