Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Plug-in video codecs

Hi,

Le mercredi 09 novembre 2005 à 16:05 -0800, Zou, Yixiong a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We are currently making a linux product that uses Gnomemeeting as the
> video-conferencing solutions.  Our customer demanded higher resolution

Out of curiosity, what kind of product is it?

> than H.261, so we are thinking about using a different video codec in
> Gnomemeeting, possibly the H.263.  The current released Gnomemeeting

The problem is that H.263 is covered by patents.

> does not allow configuration for different video codecs, although
> different audio codec seems to be supported.  I searched the mailing
> list archive, found out that there was something called a "video codec
> plug-in".  Could someone tell me where I shall be looking into to enable
> this feature?  If this feature does not exist now, how much effort does
> it take to enable this?

Actually, there exists a patch for OpenH323 that enables H.263 (you can
find references on voxgratia.org). Once you have applied that patch, you
have only one line to add in GnomeMeeting to get H.263 support.

That's however not a real plugin. I hope it helps, if not, don't
hesitate to mail again.