Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Deadlock on adding Contact

Am Freitag, den 13.05.2005, 11:08 +0200 schrieb Damien Sandras:

> That's not the deadlocked thread, you have to type
> "thread apply all bt" to get all threads.

Sorry, I told you, I am not so aware of gdb's features ;)

> But are you sure evolution-data-server1.2 is installed and GM compiled
> against it?

a) yes; b) no

> There are 2 versions in Debian :
> evolution-data-server
> evolution-data-server1.2

yes.

> GM can be compiled with one or the other, but in all cases, the running
> one must be the one that was used for the compilation. I'm pretty sure
> that's not the case :)

I was thinking in the same direction. Let's try:
apt-get source gnomemeeting-opal-cvs
(adjusting build depandencies: yes, it was the version without 1.2;
ensuring all relevant -dev packages are installed)
dpkg-buildpackage -r sudo
(wait)
sudo dpkg -i gnomemeeting-opal-cvs_20050509.CVS-01_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i gnomemeeting-opal-cvs-dbg_20050509.CVS-01_i386.deb
(try)
Great! Contacts appear and are editable.
No deadlock here anymore.

Many thanks for now!
To Kilian: Many thanks for making this easy :)

BTW: both versions of evolution-data-server can be installed in
parallel. Is this intendet? It seems to introduce uneccessary risks.

I assume I can only run one of them, not both, so they should conflict,
I think...

For the build-dependencies: here it would be nice to ask for one of the
versions not a specific one.

Do you know more?

* André
--
Andre Schaefer <a schaefer uni-duisburg de>