Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Network interface resets when offline

Le lundi 09 mai 2005 à 17:03 +0200, Jan Schiefer a écrit :

> When I start gnomemeeting and I'm offline ( example: autostart program )
> the network interface resets from ppp0 to eth0 ( which is up ).
>
> When I start gnomemeeting again next day ( and I'm online ) gnomemeeting
> is set to eth0 and account registration fails.
>
> However, I think gnomemeeting souldn't change the interface automatically.
> It should search only for interfaces if the user want's it.
> Maybe you can place a button "Search for interfaces" right of the
> interface selection or find another solution.

Well, that is a design decision inherited from the devices handling.
If your preferences are set to use the USB headset, but the headset is
not plugged, then it will use the default soundcard.

It is the same for the network interfaces, if the interface that you
want to use is not available, it will use another one that is available.

I'm not ready to change that behavior anytime soon unfortunately as it
would require complex changes and dual preferences handling.