[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Misc news

Hi,

A new wiki has been put on http://wiki.seconix.com with info about GM
NG.

It describes how to install GnomeMeeting "Opal" NG, as well as the known
problems and features.

I have spent much of my spare time on OPAL directly, and not on
GnomeMeeting, which can explain that the UI is not "perfect" yet.

Here is a summary of my work on OPAL:
- added call forwarding
- added feedback and callbacks when registering/unregistering to SIP
registrars (to know when it fails)
- ability to register to several registrars
- ability to specify a realm when registering to several registrars
- fixed outbound proxy support
- added support for MWI Subscriptions to know your number of voicemails
(SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY SIP requests)
- added support for the OPTIONS SIP request
- fixed support for connection time
- added support to determine the remote application name
- fixed remote name and url reports
- fixed session statistics reports for H.323
- fixed DTMF sending with SIP
- fixed interoperation with SwissVoice IP Phones
- fixed silence detection
- fixed media streams being started twice in some circumstances
- removed the need to define OPALDIR
- added make install/uninstall support
- much more ...

All of this in the last 3 months of spare time + the porting of GM 1.2
to use the new OPAL classes + the release of GM 1.2.1.

The good news is that Robert will soon be back from honey moon, and
Craig will start working on OPAL too. So it will be faster to reach
2.00.

Next week, I will work on the following new features :
- ability to transfer a call
- ability to put a call on hold
- ability to receive reinvites to redefine the session parameters (IP
and ports)

When those last 3 features will have been added, then GnomeMeeting will
be fully functional with Asterisk, with all possible features.

The following will have to be done before 2.00 too, but it will be done
after, possibly by Robert or Craig:
- ability to be transferred (code finished at 95%)
- ability to be put on hold (perhaps I'll do it myself)
- add video support
- add audio codecs support back
- add enum support back

Finally, I will still have the following to do :
- clean up the GUI, and remove the little annoyances some of you have
reported
- add configuration profiles support (like gnome-terminal)
- add support to transmit SIP instant messages when being in a call
- add a registering mechanism on seconix.com for our new users

I'm sure that we will be ready in time for September, despite my wedding
and honey moon ;)

Three months ago, before Christmas, nothing was working, even not the
remote user name display. Now, we have something usable.... Please be
patient!