Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Translation of GM Manual

Hi Martin,

Le samedi 05 février 2005 à 05:10 +0100, Martin Lohre a écrit :
> Hi Damien,
>
> something around 2 weeks ago we had a short conversation by e-mail about
> translating the GM manual.

Yes I remember :)

> So, if you are still interested, I am now available to volunteer.
>
> Although it would be the first time for me to work at a SW project, I have
> already a lot of experience with writing and translating technical
> documentation for telecom network equipment, core as well as access.

That is a very good thing!

> I had a brief look at the gnome.org page checking out the general procedures.
> Anything I need to know beside of what can be found on this site?

I don't think so. I think you should try to contact the GNOME DE
translation team to tell them you will do it. But there shouldn't be any
problem.

> The English and French version of the manual I saw in the CVS where in *.XML.
> Any special editor and/or tool which you recommend for the work?

I have used vim :)

> Do you have any time frames, until which the next version/subversion of GM
> should be released?

If I want to be in concordance with the GNOME 2.10 release, I need to
send the tarball for end of February, it leaves you 21 days to finish
the translation.

It would be nice to finish it for GnomeMeeting 1.2.1, because the manual
will be updated for GnomeMeeting 2.00, so part of the work will be lost.

> Do you need any general information from my side?

Are you ready to translate the manual for each release where it changes?
That would be nice, even though not absolutely required.

Btw, I have received your IRC message, but I'm using an IRC bouncer. It logged the message
and I got it when I connected today. In general, I'm not present on IRC, but I receive the
messages, however, mail is safer :)

So you can start translating when you want, but better mail the GNOME DE translation team:
http://www.gnome.de/

(I don't understand german, but I think it is the place to look at).

thanks for your help and support!