Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] 2 small problems in current GM

On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 12:31:34PM +0100, Christoph Lukas wrote:
> * GM does not seem to be able to handle the audio device when esd is
> running.

I'm not aware of any esd support in GnomeMeeting, so I wouldn't expect
it to work. You might want to try setting GnomeMeeting to use OSS and
then force the OSS output through esd by starting GnomeMeeting with
esddsp. That *might* work, but I've never used esddsp so I can't tell
you how reliable it is. I personally use alsa and it's dmix plugin,
which works very reliably with all the applications I use (including
GnomeMeeting and esd).

In general though, there are quite a few options for supporting
multi-application audio output under linux and your distribution really
should come with one of them pre-configured, so I would suggest you

CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj vdbonline com
  xmpp:cj vdbonline com
   sip:8918316 sipgate de