Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] problem with incoming call (SIP)

Le mercredi 27 avril 2005 à 11:11 +0200, Damien Ciabrini a écrit :

> Damien, thank you so much for the support ! It works :))
>
> Just for clarification: Now, connection and incoming INVITEs go to port
> 5060. It's fine. But what is the listen_port for ? I've just listened
> with ethereal, and port listen_port (5080 for me now) is never used.

OPAL has a weird way to deal with things. I have asked to Robert and
Craig to change that.

Usually, all SIPPhones are doing this :
- they listen on port XYZ (5060)
- all their REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/... requests are done with source port
XYZ, and the contact field contains the XYZ port

OPAL is working differently :
- it listens on port XYZ (5060)
- all REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/INVITE/... requests are done with source port
XYZ+1 or +2 or +3 or ...., and the contact field contains the XYZ port.

For REGISTER requests, it will keep listening on the source port used
for the registration as long as the registration is active.

So, in your case, 5080 will never be used.
In a normal case, 5060 would always be used, and 5061 (XYZ+1, +2,
+3, ...) will only be used to refresh the REGISTER and receive answers
to it. That approach is giving problem with firewalls and NAT, because
the signalling is NOT symmetric.

I have asked them to change that as it is a core change in the behavior.

So I would say, keep using that workaround until another solution is
found.

Btw, I see you are using Wengo, why GnomeMeeting/X-Lite/kphone instead
of their opensource client? And why GnomeMeeting and not
kphone/linphone?

(just to see where our weak/strong points are).

Thank you,