Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Ideas for a new GUI

Le lundi 18 avril 2005 à 08:36 +0200, Julien PUYDT a écrit :
> Damien Sandras a écrit :
>
> >I will separate the text chat part from the main GUI, because it will be
> >possible to send text messages even to people with who you are not in
> >audio/video calls, thanks to SIP. It will also permit to have a
> >resizable window for it, which is more convenient.
> >

> Does that mean some kind of support for several "calls" ?

Text chatting with several users at the same time.
Several calls will come later, in the sense of "several lines", so we
have to prepare the UI for that.

[...]

> If the dialpad is to be used in calls, it should come with everything
> about the call.
>
> My proposition is the following: let's put everything about a call in
> the same window:
> * its video ;
> * the sound settings ;
> * the text chat with that contact ;
> * the button to end the call ;
> * the button to forward the call ;
> * the button to put the call on hold ;
> * a dialpad ;
> * etc
>
> I don't think it would be sane to have actions on a call that are
> available only in another window. And I don't think it would be sane
> either to put informations about the same call (video, dialpad, text
> chat) in separate windows.

I'm not really sure it is possible to have really everything in the same
UI.

We could keep the video in the main window and hide/show it when
required like littletux proposed, but certainly not the text chat.

We GM 2.00, text chat will also be possible when you are not connected
to anybody, like in GAIM.

Btw, we have the uses case list in an earlier thread, so any new design
should respect this.